Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Let the 2 week doctor appointments begin!

I had my doctor's appointment today. I was determined NOT to have the same nurse that has checked my blood pressure the last two visits.

So, I'm sitting in the waiting room....when the same nurse calls my name. What do I do? I follow submissively. So much for putting my foot down! hehe....

She obviously remembers me and says "Now it's time for your blood pressure....think good thoughts"! My response: "I've actually got three weeks worth of readings in case this reading is bad!" (Go Adrienne!) She started to take my blood pressure, stopped, then changed cuffs because she "knows my heart is beating but can't hear it". Yeah, I'm thinking she does not really know what she's doing! I was right on track this week with a great reading. The doctor saw me and said that I am measuring right at 26 weeks. So, that's perfect!

Now I get to hear our Little One's heartbeat every other week. That makes me happy! Next week, I get my iron checked and they screen me for gestational diabetes. Who knows, I may even get another ultrasound somtime soon. Caleb and I just need to decide if we really want to find out what we're having! I'm so torn!!!

No comments: