Thursday, April 17, 2008

Oh No!

Before I get into the “meat” of this post, I would just like to state the following:

I love my husband!

He is a wonderful husband. I am SO lucky to be married to a man of such integrity and someone who is truly my best friend and more.

(At this point, I know that my friend Crystal is thinking, “Oh no! What did Caleb do this time?)

So here goes…..

Yesterday, Caleb decided to build a garden for me! He bought the wood, the potting soil and even rented a tiller. He EVEN captured how stupid/silly he looked when trying to use the tiller on our rock of a lawn. It literally DRAGGED him from one end of the yard to the other. Again, it was really comical.

So, when I got home, he was pretty excited to show off his masterpiece. Before I let him cover my eyes and lead me to the back door, I asked, “Can you put this in the refrigerator for me first? Then, I’m all yours!”

He led me to the backyard. I “ooo-ed” and “ahh-ed” his work. Then laughed my way through the video, played with Ben, changed out of my clothes….then opened the refrigerator.

The “thing” I asked him to put away was the milk I had pumped. He didn’t realize, nor did I tell him that it needed to stay upright. Milk was FLOWING out of the refrigerator. It was all gone.

I freaked and said a few things that I’m not proud of.

Caleb snatched Ben out of my arms and ran away (if he had a tail, it would have been between his legs)!

I took a moment, apologized then explained that I am emotionally attached to my milk in that 1) you can’t buy it 2) it was the most I had pumped yet and 3) I spend every free second I get a day to pump for it. Milk = gold!
Again, I love my husband. It’s a funny story now. And, I have a small stash in the freezer, so it’s not like Ben will do without.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA, girl that is funny... my friend Adrienne.... overreact??? NEVER! :-0 I think it's most funny that at this point Caleb has learned not even to fight you on it, just to grab the kid or pooch and run! ;-)

Love ya girl

The Townleys said...

awww. Anna's a formula baby so I can't even imagine how that felt! Good thing Caleb knows when to hold 'em...know when to fold 'em,.. know when to walk away...know when to run... (yeah..I just quoted a country song)

Doyle said...

You just quoted a Kenny Rogers country song, which is even further up on the list of redneckisness than just a country song.

Caleb is a wise man. However, I have to agree with his choices, as the wife and I are putting in a garden as well. It may be at someone else's house, as we're still doing the whole apartment living thing, but gardening is in our tomorrow. You'll have to post about what you're planting and all that.

The Townleys said...

Hey, I'm hoping you can tell me (since I saw pics of you guys at the beach) is it okay to put sunscreen on babies? We're going to be out all day Sunday and I don't want her to get burned.

Garner Gang said...

In the words of the greatest entertainer of all time, "IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE BLACK OR WHITE"!!