Thursday, April 03, 2008

Whirlwind of a Week!

This week has been crazy busy. It seems like a year ago that I was sitting in the park having a picnic with Caleb and Ben….oh wait! That was only last Friday!

I started working a 9/8/0 schedule which means that I work a two week cycle that looks something like this:
Week 1- 7:30am- 5:00pm Monday through Thursday, 7:30am-4:00pm on Friday
Week 2- 7:30am-5:00pm Monday through Thursday, OFF Friday!

This means that I have to drop Ben off at “playschool” around 7:00am. The lead teacher just returned from leave (her mother passed away), so I have been spending a little too much time with her in the morning talking about Ben. Then, I race like a madwoman to work….practically running from the parking deck to the office.

Once I get to work, I am either working or pumping, so I never really get a break. (Pumping is going just well, thanks for asking!) Then, I speed home to see Caleb and Ben before Ben goes to bed and Caleb goes to work. (Caleb has been able to pick Ben up at 3:30pm most days from “playschool”, which is a HUGE help!)

My nights then consist of washing bottles, washing pumping parts, packing my lunch, packing Ben’s breakfast and lunch, picking out an outfit for work and then going to BED. I’ve been hitting the pillow around 9:30pm most nights and getting up at 5:30am.

Ben has been “sleeping through the night”. He tends to give me at least a 5 hour stretch right away and then another 3 hour stretch. Some nights it’s 6-7 hour stretches, but you never know! He’s so cute in the middle of the night. I love that time with him….but I do feel it in the morning …..and the afternoon !

In the spirit of an honest blog, my next goal is to lose the rest of my baby weight….YUCK! I just have to keep telling myself that I have already lost over 30 pounds in 3 months…..but the last 10 feel like 50 pounds! Since I’m nursing, they don’t recommend that I lose more than 2 pounds a month….HA! That would take forever! I’m hoping that I can gradually lose the weight with Weight Watchers but at a little faster pace than that! I cheated the last time I joined, so now I only have to lose 3 more pounds and I’m considered a Lifetime Member….which means I can go for FREE! Yay Me!

Anyway, I’m sure you don’t care that much about all of this, but I thought that if I posted it, maybe I would stick to it!

No comments: