Friday, May 02, 2008

WARNING: This post may contain Too Much Information

But it's my blog, so I get to write what I want =0)

I read this in a magazine today:

A Mom's Guide to Birth Control:

The Mini Pill:

How it works: This progestin-only pill works by blah blah blah....You take an active pill for 28 days so you can receive a continuous flow of hormones.

Perks: The mini pill is an ideal choice for breastfeeding moms who are concerned about estrogen's possible effects on milk production.

Drawbacks: You need to take it AT THE SAME TIME every day within a TWO to THREE hour window or you RISK GETTING PREGNANT.

I think that this is something that my doctor should have told me since the chances of getting pregnant increase from .3% (that's a POINT 3%) to 10% (no point) if you don't take it within this window.

Ummm.....I've missed taking that pill on numerous occasions. Sometimes, I've taken it twice in one day.....oooooops!

=0)

No comments: