Friday, March 27, 2009

We're Home!

Ben's surgery went well! We had to be at the surgery center at 6:45 for an 8:15 appointment. I kid you not, Ben went with the nurse at 8:15 and we were ALL walking out the door by 8:30! The whole staff was great and you can really tell that they do these procedures ALL THE TIME! As soon as I saw how many kids were there and had a chance to calculate proabably how many kids these guys see a month and how I NEVER hear on the news about any complications....I was calm.

When we went back to see Ben, he was sitting on a nurse's lap downing his entire sippy cup of apple juice and asking for more. The last time he had eaten or had anything to drink was 6:00 PM yesterday! The doctor said that they added length to his tongue and we can kind of see the difference. Part of me just wants to grab Ben's tongue to see if we actually paid for anything =0)

As my mom said, "So, you expect him to be talking in full-length sentences tomorrow, right??"

For now, we're happy with "Bye", "Mama", "Dada", "Woof", "Juice" and on occasions- "Dog" and "Up".

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Glad things went well!!

Jennifer said...

I am glad that the surgery went well today! Hope Ben is feeling good. See you tomorrow.

The Ward Family said...

I am so glad things went well!!!! Thinking of you today, Suzanne

jinglchelle said...

i'm so glad things went well!!

LoveLladro said...

sorry I am so late but YAY and praise God! glad to hear everything went well and that you are on your way to having a chatterbox!