Monday, June 09, 2008

Decisions! Decisions!

When to start solids? Should we skip rice cereal? When to start water? What order do you start foods?

These are all questions I've been asking myself (and Caleb, but he never answers.....hehe!). Ben's about 5 1/2 months old now, but I'm thinking of holding off until he's 6 months. We'll see if that lasts.....I personally can't wait to see him covered in slop.

Oh! and then there is the question of baby food. What kind do you buy? Do you make your own? (I don't think I have time for that!) How much more is that going to cost us? How often do you feed him? Is he getting enough? Will he have an allergy?

I can't believe Ben is almost 1/2 old....and I can't get over all the responsibility of parenting!

2 comments:

andiewade said...

whatever you do, do veggies first and hold off on fruits. once he tastes the sweet stuff he might reject the veggies (maybe not but uts a possibility)

Kelli said...

It'll probably take quite a few tries to get him to actually eat it! I felt so bad wasting food when she wouldn't eat it, but you just have to keep trying til they get used to it and decide they like it!