Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Trip To Baltimore!

I did it! I made the trip to Baltimore last week-end ALONE with Ben.

I have to admit that I was a little nervous about the drive.

I decided to leave after work on Thursday. Ben usually goes to bed around 7pm, so I figured he would sleep during the ride up. I drank a TON of coffee (since my bed time is usually closer to 9pm, and I knew I wouldn't arrive in B-more until around 12am!)

Ben was wonderful for the car ride up AND back. He slept the whole way up (randomly screaming out about once every hour....I think he was scared because he didn't know where he was....but the pacifier calmed him right back to sleep!) On the way home (mid-afternoon), he played for an hour, slept for 4 and then played for another hour. I learned that Chick-Fil-A is the BEST place to stop on Sundays....the parking lot was empty so I had the whole place to myself to nurse him and change him. (It's the little things!)

Anyway, the trip was wonderful. On Friday, Ben was able to meet his Great Grandma and Great Grandpa for the first time and his new second cousin Landon! He spent time with his Great Gram and Great Grandad. My brother Andrew made the drive to York, PA with us....and when we got home, we all jumped into their pool! It was REALLY cold at first, but Ben didn't seem to mind.

On Saturday, Ben and I were able to go to Christina's baby shower. It is so hard to believe that the next time we see Joe and Christina, they will have beautiful little Abigail in their arms! Ben was great for the shower. Everyone kept saying how he was such a good baby. He played by himself and was passed around by all the ladies. I'm so happy that I was able to make it to their shower.

On Sunday, Ben got to meet "Auntie" Rachael and her boyfriend Rob! Rachael was in my wedding and the first of my three best friends from high school to meet Ben! I was SO happy that this happened! I can't wait for Loria and Dawn to meet him next!


Hope you enjoy the pictures:


Mom's pool was SOOOOO nice and clean and fresh and cool!

Ben in the Baby Tenda!


Learning to walk with PopPop Paul!

Hopefully all these pictures will hold you guys over for a while =0)

4 comments:

The Townleys said...

Hey! You skipped us!

andiewade said...

whoa, how exciting! i didn't know you guys wanted to go overseas too! do you know exactly what you guys will be doing over there?

it's so weird that the time for us to go is so close. it seems like it's always something we just talked about. our good friends at church are getting ready for the training in august and they'll be over there in october. now that they're REALLY getting rid of their stuff and they just paid their last rent check, it makes it more real for ME! there's so much that has to happen in the next 4 months it's insane. it's something that will have to be completely orchestrated by the Lord b/c i am not that organized... or relaxed :). i'll definitely keep you posted, keep me posted too!

andiewade said...

yeah, the IMB (the mission board) has a lot of ridiculous hoops to jump through (and i mean RIDICULOUS) but one thing they have going for you is they completely support you financially. i don't think i could handle everything we're handling AND have to raise support for us. it just wouldn't happen.

the Lord is providing for us in this way and He has the perfect way to provide for you guys all ready and worked out :)

jinglchelle said...

he is SOOO cute!!!!