Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Emotional Week-End...

This past week-end was an emotional week-end for me. We had a fabulous time in Baltimore, but the trip brought up some emotions I have not felt in a long time.

Ben looks just like my PopPop. I can see it in his eyes and in his smile. My PopPop died of lung cancer while I was still in high school. It's probably been almost 10 years since his death. And now, I have a little man who has so many of his features. Needless to say, it makes me miss him that much more. He was an amazing man who never raised his voice to his wife in all the years they were married. He had a good heart and a contagious smile. He was a veteran.....and he used to tell me all of his stories. Since I hated history, I never paid close attention. Now, who will be able to tell Ben about all that his great-PopPop did for us?

Also, my sister passed away when she was 5 1/2 months old. Ben is 5 1/2 months old. When we were in B-More, we pulled out the Baby Tenda that Sharonrose used. We also pulled out an old stroller that we are going to take to Disney World.

Sharonrose was almost 9 pounds when she passed away at close to 6 months old. Ben is almost 17 pounds. Having my own baby has put some things into perspective. It also got me thinking about what she would have been like as an aunt. She was such a wonderful baby....and I am sitting here at work in tears just thinking about her. Again....it was just an emotional week-end!

No comments: