Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Benjamin Asher News

Since I am going to give you all the news about Ben, I thought this picture of him reading the newspaper with daddy was appropriate!
Today, I got the call from his daycare...."Ben's eye is running AGAIN." This has been an on-going issue since birth. I took him to the doctor. He has a blocked tear duct. We are hoping that it works itself out before he turns 1. Otherwise, we might need to do the surergy to un-plug it (They say it's minor....but it still is one surgery too many for that little age!)
While at the doctor's, Ben was weighed. He is now 17lbs and 7 oz. He's packing it on now!
Also, in other Ben news, he has been sleeping 10-12 hours straight for almost 2 weeks. We start his bedtime routine at 6:30 and by 7:00, he has "rocked" himself to sleep. He literally sits up in his bed and rocks back and forth until he is so tired he decides to lay down. He doesn't even fuss anymore! (I have been waiting to post this good news....because I was afraid that once I wrote it, he would start night waking again! We'll see!)
Ben is full out crawling now, too. He can get on his hands and knees and get from point A to point B rather quickly. He can even stand in his crib when he sees you and wants to get to you.
Lastly, he doesn't have any teeth, yet. And though he is on his way to walking soon, he is still very new at the whole eating thing. He likes his purees....even though I would love for him to start table food as soon as possible. Tonight, he gagged on smooshed greenbeans. He didn't choke at all, just did not like the texture of the lumpy food going down. I had to give him some of Daddy's water! hehe...it was really cute!
My friend from church told me about the mesh teethers that hold food. It makes it so that you can put anything you want into this mesh little bag....then Ben can suck and chew on it all day long and get small enough pieces to handle. He ate some ham and potatoes tonight in it and LOVED it!

Anyway, that's all for now! (I know it's a lot to take in and write down....hehe) I'll leave you with this picture of Ben. This is the look I get in the mornings when I don't have to take him to play school. It's SO hard to go to work every morning!

1 comment:

Crystal @ A Well-Feathered Nest said...

O my goodness! You may not remember me, but I popped over from a link on Crystal S's blog to see this post about your son. I just had to post because we just had a baby boy that we named Benjamin Asher. We thought we were being all original, but I guess you guys beat us to it.