Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I PASSED!

Accomplishment for the week: Passing the Gestational Diabetes Test! (Have a carbohydrate, sugar-filled cookie on me! That's what I'm going to eat!)

They also checked my iron at my last appointment...and everything looks good! I had the horrible nurse again (I think she is the main 8am appointment nurse....I need to start changing the time that I go!). She said the top number of my blood pressure was high again. I've been charting my own blood pressure, so I know not to believe her now!

Still no idea if we are having a boy or a girl. The Nurse Midwife checked the baby's heartbeat and said "It sounds like a boy......wait....no.....now it really sounds like a girl". I just smiled. Story of my pregnancy! I don't know if I am having a boy or a girl, but I'm pretty sure that I am having a comedian....or a prankster. The heartbeat was 140, but changed to 148 when Little One heard the midwife guessing.

Also, in case you are not familiar with the Gestational Diabetes test, I had to drink this Glucose "drink" an hour before my appointment...and then I got my blood drawn. I didn't think that the Orange flavor Glucose was that bad. And, the baby really liked it....because Little One was the most active he/she has ever been. I could feel Little One all day....moving this way and moving that way! It was kind of nice and kind of uncomfortable!

1 comment:

andiewade said...

yeah, i had heard horror stories about that drink, but mine was just like a flat orange soda. i wouldn't go out and buy any, but i thought i'd have to gag it down.