Monday, October 01, 2007

Let the Record Show That You've Been Warned!

I feel the need to make one big apology that I hope will cover all "issues" that I have created or will create while pregnant! I can feel an attitude change for the worst approaching....and I might as well prepare you all for it now! The Adrienne you know is temporarily "away". Should you choose to be offended by me by something I did or will do during the 10 months of pregnancy, please know that I didn't mean it....and if you choose to hold it against me, I probably won't remember what I did or said once the baby is born....so just let it go, please! I can't even count on two hands the number of pregnancy symptoms and "diseases" that magically disappear once the baby is born (Take gestational diabetes or high blood pressure for instance. Once the baby is delivered, these go away....the same must be true with hormone imbalances...hehe.)

First- Please do not be offended by anything that I say, don't say, do, don't do, think, don't think, imply....you get the point! Have you been pregnant before? Then, I'm sure you have already tuned me out! Never been pregnant before? Then, you do not have any idea what it is like to have a little person invade your body and take control of your thoughts and actions....hehe.

Second- Should you come and visit, please know that I no longer socialize very well. There comes a point where I just do not want to talk anymore. I can't explain why....and I can't help the need to just shut up. No! This is not the silent treatment. No! I am not mad at you or even bored. I've just reached a point where I just want to be quiet. (Found this out this past week-end!)

Third- When I say I do not want to do something, beware! hehe....It may start out as a playful, "Do we really have to do that?" But, it quickly becomes a "Now I have head-ache and it's all your fault". (Found this out last night).

Fourth- For you, Christmas is 3 months away. For me, "Little One's B-Day" is 3 months away. Not the same! Naturally, you want to make plans and invite Caleb and I to join you. But, we can't make any promises right now. Oh! and if we do make anything that resembles a promise, we don't mean it.....and we will probably forget that we made it. Everything needs to be "played-by-ear" from now until about 6-8 weeks after the baby is born. You understand, right?

Fifth- I am very forgetful. It's not the "loose the keys" kind of forgetfulness. I forget whole days and whole events. I forget what time I told you I would be there and what day we were supposed to do lunch. I forget to pay bills and forget which bank account is which (and for those of you who really know me, this never happens!) I even forget to call people and keep up with old friends.

Sixth- You know how much I love my dogs. You know how important they are to me. You know how obsessed I am about them. Well, I've already voiced my desire to give them away! This should clue you in on my mental state. Not too sane right now (and NO! we're not giving them away.....today.)

I know that there are probably more examples that I could give....but right now, I have to get back to work.

Please know.....that I absolutely LOVE being pregnant. I would not trade it for the world! I cannot wait until I get to meet this little person that has been growing inside of me. I can feel the little kicks and rolls each day....and it is absolutely breath-taking. The more I learn about delivery and what our bodies are capable of, I am utterly amazed.

Again, this post was kind of a joke....to make light of my mood swings and my mental state. Again, it is just a warning, should you choose to interact with me....hehe. And, I hope that you still do choose to do this! Caleb and I want you to meet our little one and can't wait for you to help us raise him or her! We are truly blessed to have so many amazing friends and family!

2 comments:

andiewade said...

heh. yeah, for me this pregnancy has put me in permenant b***h mode...

and unfortunately, at least for my last pregnancy, the hormones got worse after rachel came... but not permenantly :)

Tabetha said...

The wonderful world of pregnancy! LOL.