Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm a Winner!

So, I have been MIA lately due to the fact that I am now working much longer hours. My state employer has offered us comp time. We have the option to work an additional 3 1/2 hours on Monday and Tuesday and 4 hours the first and third Saturday of each month. The type of work we do during this time is actually really very easy.....like data processing, mindless work...so it's not stressful. AND....to add a little incentive, the person who completes the most review items each week can win a free lunch. Comp time and free food....what more could a pregnant girl ask for? Sign me up!

So, I won the free lunch last week! YAY! The Big Wigs came to my little cubicle and presented an envelope filled with ten crisp $1 bills....with a little sticky that reads "Lunch on us!" I was excited! (It's the little things!) I then announced to my co-worker that we should order out on Saturday with the money since we'll be working.

This happened Monday morning.

By Monday afternoon, I had a craving. Those crisp little $1 bills seemed better spent in the vending machine, not on a lunch that was 5 days away. So...I decided that I needed a little help with the "self-control". My friend Stephanie agreed to babysit my money for me so that I wouldn't buy an Oatmeal Cream Pie. I watched her as she put the envelope in her desk drawer....and then I walked away.

Wednesday Afternoon- I want a snack again. I just saw my other friend with a mouth-watering Reeces cup that was calling my name. Stephanie is not here today. Her desk drawer is not locked. It is my money afterall.....I mean, $9 can still go a long way for lunch.

So, I walked confidently to her cubicle, took out the envelope and saw her little note:

"Adrienne....I'm watching you! You better not take any of this money or else!"

hehehehehehe

I proceeded to "steal" one of my crisp dollars and walked quickly to the vending maching, giggling to myself the whole time. After savoring every last bite of my Reeces Cups, I then took the wrapper to her cubicle and inserted the empty wrapper into my envelope. I can't wait to see what she says!

All I have to say for myself is this: The baby made me do it!

No comments: