Sunday, December 23, 2007

Waiting....as patiently as possible!

I'm sure some of you think that I have had this baby...since there has not been a post in a while. Sorry to disappoint you....Caleb and I are still here...sitting around, twittling our thumbs and hoping that at any moment the contractions will begin....but nothing yet.

I do have an increase in Braxton Hicks contractions, but nothing noteable. Looks like our little guy is content right where he is.

Last night, our friends from MD (Joe and Christina) came to visit. Caleb cooked a great steak dinner and my first-attempt at fudge did not turn out as bad as we thought it would. I did, however, have an issue with the Santa Snacks I "tried" to make. I managed to drop the entire 9 by 13 glass pan on the floor....upside down.....which resulted in all the gooey christmas cookie ingredients strewn all over the floor....and a big dent in our hardwood floor.....oooops!

But, back to Joe and Christina. It was so good to have them come and visit. I don't know what yesterday would have been like if we didn't have something to do...someone to prepare for. It was really nice to see them! They even made our little guy a personalized onsie! Of course, they had to explain the joke to me....but I soon "got" it! hehehe....

Also, we are planning to go to Dos Tacquitos. This Mexican restaurant is infamous for sending people into labor around the Raleigh area. Supposedly, I need to eat the steak tacos....I'll let you know how that turns out! Caleb is about fed up with all my "ways to naturally induce".

Speaking of ways to induce labor yourself, I made the comment to Caleb that he could take the speed bumps in our neighborhood a little faster since they say bumpy rides can help. Then, I said (as a joke), "You never know...by the end of this week, I may be on the back of your motorcycle." He looked at me and said, "Honey.....you wouldn't fit on my motorcycle!" I almost cried....it's not like I was really going to get on the thing! He tried to cover up what he said by adding, "Because the back seat is really small." TOO LATE! It's funny now to me, though!

Caleb has been wonderful throughout this whole pregnancy. I don't know how he puts up with me!

No comments: