Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Wanted: One Little Boy To Fill The Nursery

The nursery is painted. The sheets are washed. The changing table is organized! Every time I walk up the stairs (especially after work), I take a little detour to the nursery and think about how it will soon be filled with our little son.

Everything finally came together. Caleb and Carson were a HUGE help as Carson did most of the painting and Caleb put everything together and hung all the shelves.

After Caleb and I hung all the pictures, we sat on my hope chest (the one Caleb made me when we got engaged).....looked around the room......and prayed together. It was a really special moment. (Reminded me of the time we prayed together after closing on our house.) There was just something really intimate about being with Caleb in our unborn baby's room and offering up little prayers for him. I think it was the first time during this pregnancy where I have actually felt like a parent.


Ok.....enough of all the emotional stuff. Here's what you've really been waiting for.....THE PICTURES!!!

Everything looks a little dark because these pictures were taken at night. I absolutely love how the wall hangs over the crib turned out. The picture reads ("When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad!") The little wall hangs by the window read "Bee Thankful" and "Cute As Can Bee".


Obviously, I need a little lamp shade for the lamp. But, I found the lamp for $2.50 and couldn't resist setting it up. The bookshelf is filled with all the wonderful books we received from our Friends' Baby Book Shower here in Raleigh. On top of the bookshelf, I made a little picture collage of Kirk and Riley.


On the little shelves, we placed two pictures of us...the frames read "Honor" and "Love". The one with the white frame holds a picture of Grandparents Benke. (I told my coworker how I was still in need of little decorations for the shelves and she gave me the good idea of filling them with pictures.)


The shelf above the bookshelf holds pictures of Grandparents Thompkins and Grandparents Weir.



Lastly, here's a picture of my canvas art! I copied the ideas from Babies R Us...and instead of paying $40 per picture, I paid about $6 for both. The artwork is a little elementary....but I love it anyway! There is also a rocking chair to the right of the hope chest...but it's not white, so I didn't take a picture of it!! I love it though because it was given to us and will be used A LOT!
Hope you enjoy the pictures!

No comments: