Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"You're Still Here?"

I was trying really hard not to become "one of those" pregnant women....the one that is really nice to everyone's face but absolutely can't stand the questions "Are you still here? You haven't had that baby, yet? Blah Blah Blah...." I thought that since I was trying to work right until my due date then I would have to try to have a good attitude and not let it get to me. The only problem is....the questions started coming so much earlier than I anticipated. I still have two weeks people!! In fact, I might even be around when you all get back from your LONG Christmas break. Wouldn't that be great??

The worst was the comment from this one lady that I work with (who has NEVER talked to me before). She was walking in front of me. Stopped...turned around and said "You're still here? When is that baby due?"..."Two weeks," I replied.....Here's the best part....."Are you sure you're not carrying two babies in there instead of one?"

Wow! I didn't think it was possible for someone to make a fat joke like that!

I shot her this cold look and simply stated, "I'm sure. Thanks!" Then she tried to cover it all up by saying "But it's all baby, though." TOO LATE, LADY!

Needless to say, I am ready to stop working. I still have things that I would really like to finish up before I leave for 12 weeks, but if I don't get to them, it won't be the end of the world.

Anyway....I'm still here....and I plan to still be pregnant until my due date and possibly beyond. No point getting all excited too early (I'll let you know if I lose my mucous plug or something really cool like that!) Other than that, I'm actually sleeping pretty well (Now that the temps are back down where they are supposed to be this time of year). I'm enjoying the Christmas music again and the "To Do List" is getting much smaller every day...which makes me really happy.

Oh! and the cutest thing happened this morning. I slept for about 4 hours straight (1:30-5:30 AM). When I woke up and went into the bathroom, I looked at my belly in the mirror. This was the first time that it was actually contorted. It was lop-sided because our little guy was sleeping all the way over to one side. He had the hiccups, so I could see him moving up and down. I could see his little out-line....as if he had found a really comfortable spot in my belly and had not moved for 4 hours either. It was really cute in an ugly-contorted-pregnant belly way!

No comments: