Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Envelope Has Been OPENED!!!!

We're having a......




CHOCOLATE BROWNIE SUNDAE!!!!!!

(It's A BOY!)



We went out to dinner at 518 West! We got the little two person table on the staircase (best seat in the house) and enjoyed a fabulous dinner. After we ate, we gave the waitress the envelope and asked her to bring out a chocolate brownie sundae if the paper said "boy" or a warm apple tart if the paper said "girl". I had to cover my eyes....I couldn't look. The suspense was too much to take.


Out came our waitress from the kitchen, carrying our dessert over her head so we couldn't see. She placed it down in front of us with a big smile and "Congratulations!". My response....."What is it? Is that a Brownie? Does that mean boy? YAY!!!!"


Caleb was speechless. I had him SO convinced it was a girl....hehe. He was grinning from ear to ear!


It was a night we will never forget! I am so incredibly happy...I can't tell you how good it feels to know. It's like a HUGE weight has been lifted off of me. I can't wait to meet my Little Man! Thank you, Danielle, for the wonderful idea on how to get the news. The dessert idea was really memorable! Here's a picture of "The Envelope" and one of us!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations!!! I'm glad the envelope idea was a success!!! Now we need to hear what names you guys have picked out!

Doyle said...

That's an awesome idea. I am glad for one thing, pregnancy has made you a posting fiend.

andiewade said...

yay for a boy! maybe our little guys will get together and play video games together one day... boys like to do that, right? :)

Anonymous said...

wow, you are like only the second friend out of about 50 to have a boy! yay! Finally we have a boyfriend for Maddie! How do you guys feel about arranged marriages?!

Caleb and Adrienne said...

Kelli-

Where do I sign the contract? I am all about hooking our kids up! Well, once they are of legal age =0)

andiewade said...

so any name ideas yet??