Thursday, November 01, 2007

Attention! Attention!

WE HAVE THE SEALED ENVELOPE!!!

The envelope is in the car. The contents of this envelope say whether or not we are having a wonderful little boy or a wonderful little girl!

Caleb and I have a dinner date at 7:30 PM to find out!!! We're going to 518 West (a great little Italian restaurant in the heart of downtown Raleigh). We are SOOOOO excited.

Long story short, I was able to get another ultrasound today. The point of this ultrasound was to measure my amniotic fluid levels, check to see if the baby was face down yet (mainly out of curiosity since I will be declining the internal exams as much as possible...that baby can still flip over) AND to see what we were having!!!!! I said a little prayer (loud enough for our Little One to hear)....stating that I was just kidding about keeping those legs closed.....and that I really wanted to know! Caleb fixed me some coffee (which was WONDERFUL, by the way).....it's been too long....I missed you, coffee...and wine....and....ok...I'll stop there.

Caleb was saying last night that since I wanted him to go with me, then I could not be mad at him if he peeked when the ultrasound lady got close to the "telling" areas. Needless to say, the ultra-sound lady was wonderful. She said that she was positive about what we were having....but had managed to avoid any close-ups that would give it away to Caleb.

Little One's heartbeat was 141 bpm during the ultrasound and 148 bpm when the doctor checked later. Little One was head down, weighs 4 pounds 1 ounce and is in the 51st percentile. Based on this information, we are predicted to have a 7 1/2- 8 pound baby...which is the average. Fluid levels were great! Blood pressure was great! Measurement was great!Everything was great! I could not have asked for a better visit. Now, I get to start kick counts. My office wants me to record 7 kicks within a 2 hour period each day. Little One has been kicking up a storm. It is almost painful how hard I get kicked sometimes!!

Anyway, that's about it. Can you tell I'm excited? I am typing about 1000 words a seccond. So, now, we wait! Countdown until dinner......

No comments: